The latest scientific research on sound indicates that this vibrational art helps to synchronize the hemispheres of the brain, induce relaxing brainwave states, such as alpha, and produce the relaxation response.
Benefits and learning outcomes in Module 10 include:
- Produce sound that affects the mind/ body/spirit continuum integrating the latest research on sound
- Adapt sound to be a part of your spiritual practice
- Incorporate the vocal toning of vowel sounds, bija mantras, chanting and Kirtan to balance the chakras
- Discover the healing sounds of many ancient and easy-to-play instruments
- Interpreting the 5 elements (earth, water, fire, air and ether) and translating them into sound
- Inventing healing sounds with user friendly instruments combined with energy work and the vibrational arts of colour, crystals and aromatherapy
Course Length: 1 evening per week for 8 weeks, 7:00 to 9:30 pm unless otherwise noted
Tuition Fee: $320 per course + HST includes all material fees. A $100 non-refundable deposit is required at time of registration to reserve your space. Early registration is advisable to avoid disappointment. This course is HST exempt if it is part of a professional training program.
Note: Classes cancelled due to inclement winter weather will not be rescheduled in this program; make up classes are available in future rotations.
Total Self Courses are also offered at a satellite location in Kitchener/Waterloo. Contact Tiffany at The Hive and Grove at (519) 578-5683 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the Kitchener courses.