Along with being pleasurable and relaxing to experience, massage assists the body’s natural regenerative capacity. Through massage, the body releases endorphins; pain and tension are lessened.
This course covers:
- The muscular/skeletal system and the art of massage
- Strokes and massage techniques — effleurage and petrissage
- Routine for a basic, relaxing full body massage
- Benefits, uses and contraindications for massage
- Specific treatments to release muscular tension
- Routines for relief of headaches, general ailments, aches and pains
- Basic case history procedures
Note: To become a Registered Massage Therapist one must complete 2 years of full-time study and be licensed by the College of Massage Therapists.
Course Length: 30 hours
Instructor: Joe Palumbo, R.M.T.
Pre-requisite: Anatomy and Physiology