Throughout history, the human race has felt a deep need to connect to and understand the spiritual realm that we sense behind everyday reality.
We have always sought out the help of shamans, healers, priests, mystics and elders to guide and challenge us, to deepen our spiritual understanding and create a practical spiritual connection of our own.
The Spiritual Director Program is designed for those individuals who wish to take a personal look at their spiritual beliefs and practices, and who wish to provide formal spiritual guidance, mentoring and direction for others.
What makes this program unique?
- It covers the 5 major religions of the world in addition to mystical and esoteric traditions, earth-based spirituality and a perspective on the ‘new age’
- It looks at the concept of being a modern mystic within the definition of 21st century contemporary spirituality
- Divine guidance and developing gifts of spirit are cultivated
- The art of sacred ritual and ceremony is explored through sound, music, movement and dance
- An overview on mystery schools is given
- It explores transitioning to the non-physical and conscious dying
- The art of transformation and working with the soul is learned
Who is this program for?
The Spiritual Director Program is designed for those individuals who wish to take a personal look at their spiritual beliefs and practices as well as for Psychotherapists who want to guide and support others on their spiritual journey. This modality is very effective for Psychotherapists to have for practice building since so many clients need direction on their spiritual issues as well. This program can also be taken for personal reasons only.
Note: In order to work as a professional Spiritual Director it is highly recommended to take additional training in Counselling Skills.