This 105-hour introductory course provides the student with a grounding in the fundamentals of botanical/herbal medicine.
- 7 body systems approach to botanical medicine
- The study of 30 to 40 major herbs and their uses
- Classification of herbs — nervines, expectorants, stimulants, diuretics, etc.
- Herbal formulations and remedies for various conditions and ailments
- How and why to use certain herbs
- Format to use and how to make teas, salves, tinctures and poultices
- Introduction to Iridology as an assessment tool
- Causes of disease and process of detoxification and elimination
- Biological conflict as a cause of disease: Dr. R. Hammer’s concept
- Field trips to identify herbs
Note: Certificates for Fundamental Herbology and Fundamental Iridology are issued. Credit hours for Iridology can be applied towards a Practitioner Diploma in Clinical Iridology.
Course Length: 105 hours