Coaching skills will be taught through experiential classroom participation, dyad work and role plays. Each student will be expected to identify an area of their own life, be it personal, professional or business that they would like to be coached through. They will be coached by others students in the program and do actual case studies with clients that will be evaluated through instructor progress reports.
This 36 hour course covers:
- What is coaching?
- Differentiating coaching from psychotherapy
- Skills, traits and tools of an effective coach
- Developing a vision and setting goals through Mind Mapping
- Identifying motivators and core values behind goals
- Rekindling passion, purpose and meaning in one’s life – higher purpose of vision
- Getting past being stuck – identifying obstacles and patterns that sabotage. Moving out of your comfort zone.
- Fear of failure/fear of success. Moving from fear to change to success
- Listening and communication skills, inquiry (asking the right questions) for the flow of an effective coaching session.
- Addressing client resistance to growth through conflict resolution and the art of challenge
- Making lifestyle changes
- Spiritual coaching from the soul’s perspective vs. the ego
- Relationship Coaching
- Ethics and the professional coaching relationship
- Round table case study reviews
Who is this program for?
This course is for individuals who are goal oriented and are passionate in assisting others reach their goals such as Counsellors, Human Resource professionals, Holistic Practitioners, Psychotherapists, Spiritual Directors as well as students from other programs. Those with differing backgrounds who want to apply coaching techniques to their personal or professional lives are invited to fill out an application.
A certificate is given upon successful completion of all assignments. 90% attendance of all classes required.
Instructor: Maria Gallé, Registered Psychotherapist, Reiki Master and Life Coach