Unit 4: Working with the Soul
Put in place the skills to work with others as a Spiritual Director. We will explore the dark night of the soul, spiritual madness, spiritual emergencies and create a working model of the modern day mystic.
- Higher purpose
- Ego, personality and soul
- Spiritual emergencies / madness
- Dark night of the soul
- Mystery and faith
- Spiritual values and spiritual practice
- Understanding the 'dark passions' and spiritual graces of the 7 chakras according to C. Myss
- Dealing with when 'bad things happen to good people'
- Difference between spiritual direction and psychotherapy
- Spiritual Director role and counselling skills
- Practicum, role-plays and integration
- Closing ritual
Length: 8 weeks (24 hours)