Accessible Customer Service Plan
Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Transformational Arts College of Spiritual and Holistic Training is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Fees will not be charged for support persons for admission to Transformational Arts' premises.
We will notify customers of this posting a notice in the following location(s): Reception area, the entry to classroom 203 and on our website (under "Contact Us" menu).
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, a phone call or an email by the administration of Transformational Arts will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
- The elevator, small ramp from the street
- The 2nd floor wheelchair accessible washroom
The notice will be made publicly available at the following locations:
- Our website–under "Contact Us" menu
- On the main floor entry at the elevator
- Reception area
Transformational Arts will provide accessible customer service training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practicies and prodedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
- All Adminstrative Staff
- Student Services including the Registrar
- Student Accounts, Student Records and Schedules
- Management and Faculty Members where possible
Staff will be trained on Accessible Customer Service within one month after being hired.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Transformational Arts' plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the equipment or devices available on-site or othervise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities. These include: elevators, emergency exits, TTY
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Transformational Arts' goods and services
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Transformational Arts provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide feedback in the following way(s): verbally, via letter, e-mail, phone or on course evaluations.
All feedback, including complaints, will be handled in the following manner:
All complaints are handled expeditiously through the Managing Director's office, with any changes required to our policies implemented in a timely manner.
Customers can expect to hear back in five days.
Notice of Availability
Transformational Arts will notifiy the public that our documents related to accessible customer service, are available upon request by posting a notice in the following location(s): On our website–under "Contact Us" menu, in Reception, our newsletter, and student information packages.
Modifications to this or Other Policies
Any policy, practice or procedure of Transformational Arts that does not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportuntity for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.